Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Week in our Life, Day 2!

Gryphon had school, so Rowan and I started out the day with a home school group meeting at the Dragon Hill Lodge park. Here are some of the mamas.
Mark was off (4 day weekend for Memorial Day) so he ran soem errands, one of which was getting me a new phone. See, the girls lost their phone a few months ago, so they got my old one and I got a new one. It took forever to get all my numbers into it, Korean phones have a much higher technology level than I am used too!


Rowan and I hit Burger King for lunch. Mmmmm.

Then after lunch the weather was gorgeous, so we sat out at the park and did some school work. We only made it about 20 minutes, it was hot! Here is Rowan taking a math quiz.



Gryphon got hoem about 1:15, everyone (including Cleo) was glad to see her! She rides her bike to school most days.




After school the girls played outside, here they are climbing trees with Danniele and Abby.


Rowan's gymnastics got canceled, so we all went out to eat at Tongdaemun. Mark had ramen (its just ramen, but spicy), Gryphon kimbap (sort of like a California roll but no fish, just veggies and soemtiems egg wrapped in seaweed), I ate Bibimbap (rice and vegies topped with an egg and spicy pepper paste) and Rowan had Donngas (pork cutlet, the word is a loan word from German maybe?). Yummy and cheap- it was 13,000 won (around 11 dollars) for all of us!

There are 4 traditional gates to Seoul, Tongdaemun is one of them. The area has a huge market, my favorite part of which is the glorious fabric market. No, I don't sew, but I sure do buy fabric, just in case!!

The girls checking out movies at Tongdaemun.

Gryphon and Rowan got waffles for dessert-they are very popular over here, just not for breakfast. They are slathered in buttery whip cream and caramel.

There is a stream that the city has been cleaning up and reclaiming called Chongyechun at Tongdaemun.Its a lovely swath of green in the big cement city.





The girls waded and played, Mark and I sat and enjoyed the nice night.


When we got home, Rowan stretched while watching Youtube. She likes to watch Hannah Montana videos and videos of American Girl Dolls and whatnot. Don't ask. It distracts her from the fact that her legs are about to rip off, or at least, ought to be. I snapped this photo, and when I looked at, I just gasped. I mean- how is this possible??It reminds me of when she was playing with Barbies a few years ago, and lamented "You can't do rhythmic gymnastics with Barbies, their legs rip off!". There's a lesson there...
2 days down, 5 to go!













2 comments:

Helena said...

I know it's called "tonkatsu" in Japan--I tried looking it up on wikipedia but it doesn't say anything about where the word came from.

Jackie Wood said...

Loving your week in your life. Looking forward to checking in all week.