The day started out with sweet, sweet chores- the girls cleaned the bunny pen on the back porch
Here is Honey, who has been renamed but I can't remember her new name (and no one else can, either). Its like Clymenestra or Pandora or something.
After school (not pictured due to forgetfulness) the girls and Gabbie walked down to the Daiso store. Its sort of like a dollar store in the US, lots of junk, but they love it. I love that there are so many things close enough to walk to, and its so safe. They have so much freedom!
Our neighbors (Gabbies family) are moving to Japan, so they wanted a picture with their (and our) housekeeper, Mrs. Kim. Mrs. Kim totally rocks. She not only cleans, but she cooks yummy Korean food and tells stories about the Korean War! On the weekends she climbs mountains, like seriously climbs. I want to be Mrs. Kim when I grow up.

Rowan had gym, and its 5-9 pm, so dinner is a tough one. I feed her in the car, isn't that sad?Here she is crossing the Banpo bridge eating her rice. Plain rice. In the car. Go ahead, you can cry for her sad little life.
While Rowan works out for 4 hours with no dinner in a gym with no AC, I go to a small coffee shop and get some "me time". The idea is I do edifying things like catch up on my stack of Foreign Affairs (pictured) or study Korean or something.
But mostly I just watch the dramas on TV and chat with the 2 old ladies who run the place. It has an interesting smell, the coffee shop. Like, one a hippy from the 60's who owns a van would surely recognize, if you get my meaning. The old ladies *are* very laid back, and offer me food, and laugh a lot at the TV. So that is sort of interesting!!
The neighborhood the gym is in has lots of good restaurants and coffee shops. I love it!
A beautiful Gangnam, Seoul evening.
I did manage to break away from my TV dramas and contact high long enough to go to Rowan's favorite bakery, Paris Baquette. She loves apple pies, so I got her one.
The outside of the gym, I don't go in much except to drop her off and pick her up. She recently switched coaches and is very happy! So that makes me feel good about leaving her alone speaking no Korean beyond asking for the bathroom, some water, and of course she knows how to say "That hurts!".We got home around 10,and went to bed! Stay tuned for Friday's adventure, I forgot Thirsday t have Gryphon take pictures of what she Mark did on her camera, but I remembered for Friday when we all split up. So that'll be a long post!
1 comment:
One of the Korean sister missionaries that I lived with is in Gangnam now. I just got to talk to her on the phone a couple of weeks ago.
Post a Comment