Thursday, June 03, 2010

Week in the Life Day 3

Day started out like every day, with Rowan grouchy and sleepy on the couch. Rowan is not a morning person! I get her up at 9, so it isn't like its early, but she needs at least a half hour of sitting time to be human! Gryphon on the other hand gets up (on her own!) at 6:30. I won't tell you when I get up.


Today we had a field trip with the home school group to the National Museum, for a Korean dance workshop. I was *so* excited, I always wanted to earn how to dance like that!

The dance company director explained how the arms move like a calligraphy brush- elbows drag hand, hand is the soft brush. She was so lovely! Then it was our turn to try!

We got to try tapping traditional rhythms on drums, too.



The dance company gave a performance of the dance we were to learn.










As you can see, we don't look much like they do!


The kids really enjoyed it though, I think they were better dancers than us adults.







Then the dance compnay di more dances, including a fusion dance (traditional and modern combined) called the peacock dance, which was just incredible. I got some good shots that may make it onto the walls.

Gryphon was interviewed by a radio and TV station which were there covering the workshop,
so at some point, some where, she will be on TV here.


We went ot the pool when we got home, it had finally opened and it was a nice hot day. I didn't bring the camera, though! The trip to the pool prompted a trip to the PX to look for a new bathing suit for Gryphon. That was pure torture, I tell you.




Mark went out to dinner with soem work buddies, so I made Samgaetong, a chicken soup he doesn't much like. I got to use my herbs I bought on our trip, that is what the stick looking things in the bag are.

Since Mark was gone, we dragged the little Korean table from Rowans room and ate Korean style, on the floor. The girls like that!





Later Rowan made up dances while Gryphon was her DJ, finding music on the internet. The day ended with our Korean TV show, then off to bed!


















No comments: