Sunday, June 28, 2009

More photos, and some rather suckish news

These photos are from Changdok palace, one of the largest palaces in Seoul (there are about a gazillion.) We had to go on a guided tour, when last I was here they let you wander at will but no longer, so the photos are sort of ...eh. Too many people (like about 50 in our tour alone) and not enough time!!! The pand and pagoda pictures are from the area behind it, a royal garden that is one of my all time favorite places in Korea.





So okay, after you've perused lovely photos of Changdok palace and the "Secret Garden" behind it, I've got some bad news.

Cleo has cancer. :(

Its inoperable, its a rare cancer and its all around her butt. We thought it was a swollen gland, but when I took her in to get it looked at, they said cancer. I've had her out to Seoul University Vet School, and they unfortunately concur. They can replace a dogs organs and clone it out there (for serious!), but they can't do anything for poor old Cleo. No butt transplants have yet been perfected, and its spread, besides. We aren't real keen on radiation or chemo, for a dog, especially *our* dog, who would not understand or enjoy going through that. So its to hell with the diet, lots of food and love, and we'll enjoy whatever time we have. I take her back Wednesday and should hopefully know more about what to expect as far as time then. Prayers are always appreciated, I'm sure you all know how much Cleo means to us.

4 comments:

Helena said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry. Poor Cleo.

Janine said...

I am SO sorry about Cleo. That's devastating news. I'm sure this will be a really tough one for the girls as well.I'll definitely keep you all in my prayers.

Not many dogs get to travel the world like Cleo & see the things she's seen...

Lynnae said...

:(

You weren't kidding about things being sucky lately! Such sad news, especially for the girls to understand. My heart goes out to you guys.... having gone thru it myself, I know how tough it really is.

Enjoy every minute with her!! Love you.

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Aw Cami I'm so sorry to hear about Cleo. Poor baby. Love and prayers for y'all.

Erin