Monday, June 29, 2009

And now, some good news...





I was runner up for a contest run weekly on a Flickr group called Seoul Photo Club, and my photo got published in the Korea Herald!

I have been admiring this Flickr group for a long time- a year or more. And once we moved here, I thought maybe I'd add to the pool, but gosh, the photos are soooo good. I worked up my courage though, and posted just one, the picture of Rowan dressign in hanbok at the traditional village. Not the most technically great photo, but I thought the subject matter made it interesting. They thought so, too!! Still, I was horribly embarassed my on-camera-flash, quickie snapshot won. (If you go check out the photo pool, you willsee that this is NOT false modesty on my part- these people totally rock the photography!)

It was neat the photo was of one of the kids, but I missed getting a copy of the paper due to all the Cleo-butt-cancer craziness. Never fear, I found one in the sad, empty little Hannam Village library. They archive them after a week in a cupboard full of yellowing newspapers from God only knows when. I am pretty sure this particular Wednesday edition will not make it to the cupboard. Shhhhhh!

2 comments:

Lynnae said...

Look at how PROUD Rowan is?!?!?

Congrats to you both!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Way to go and I really love that photo, too!