Sunday, May 03, 2009

Regional Championships!




OK, so the photos are from the video camera, and they suck. Also if they are sideways, they stay that way! But regionals went AWESOME!
First Gryphon, who had her best scores ever! Her first year goal is "not last", just like Rowans was last year. And she made it, all year! RG is not something you just decide to do one day, it takes years of very painful stretching to get flexible enough to do the skills. She's been working all year though, and she has come a long, long way. We're super proud of her!







And then Rowan swept all of the Level 4 events- hoop, ball and floor, no one came close to her scores. Of 54 girls, she is 1st in everything. Regional Champ! So that means she's going to Junior Olympics in Virginia Beach on her birthday!!
I knew she would make the regional team, thats the top 10 girls (regardless of age- up to 15). There are 6 regions in the US, and the top 10 from each region's championships go to Compulsory Junior Olympics. She *had* beat every girl in our region at one meet or another, but never all at the *same time*. Well, she did it today, when it really counted! Her floor routine got an 11.4 out of a possible 12, the highest score I've ever seen in Level 4 this year. She totally brought her A game. Knowing how hard she worked, she deserved every bit of it, too- this has been a tough year. We're very proud of her drive and hard work!


And now the fun video! All the routines for both girls are on Youtube, go here: http://www.youtube.com/user/camibami
But I will put a few on the blog, too!







4 comments:

Lynnae said...

A W E S O M E !!!!!!

Fantastic, Super, Amazing and I am SO STINKIN PROUD OF YOU GIRLS!!!!

Thanks for sharing Cam, it makes me feel a little closer to you all.

BIG hugs!

Joy said...

WOW, WOW,WOW! I am so proud of Gryphon and Rowan. They both have worked so hard. Rowan's performance was good in December but oh, my she has come far. I can't believe Gryphon does what she does after only one year! You can tell they have both put so much work into what they do. (I gotta go, Haley wants to show me her "ball" routine. Guess I better scout out rhythmic gyms here in St. Lou!

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is so impressive! Do they want to go to the Olympics in 2012?

Love you guys!

Marisol

Tracey said...

Your girls are so adorable! Great job to both girls...what are they going to do in Korea?