Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What we've been up to!

Lots of gymnastics- here is Gryphon enjoying the best part of practice, snack time.

Lots of goodbyes- here are Rowan and Libby, who met waaayyy back when Rowan did artistic (regular bars and beam) gymnastics. They are such good friends. Libby wrote Rowan a journal full of entries that will just break your heart.

Gryphon and Gracie- who met waiting with their moms for their little sisters to get done with the gym! They bonded over a mutual love of all things Harry Potter.


As for Mark, he has been hanging out at palaces, like this one. Also scouting the Russian section of Seoul for a gym, and walking Cleo, and oh yeah- working. Our household goods are in Korea already, as is my beloved van! So that's great news...except the small shipment that was supposed to be there "early" is no where to be found, and it has all the girls bedding and ALL my home school stuff in it, so....not loving that!
Tomorrow: leave the house for good, last gymnastics practice, stay at a hotel. Leave early Thursday for Virginia Beach, where grammy and PaPa will join us. Watch Rowan kick butt. ;) Watch Nicole kick more butt. Drive back Sunday, stay in a hotel at Dulles with the cat, and we're off. I already have a playdate at the Yongsan pool lined up for Wednesday afternoon with some area homeschoolers, so lets hope our plane gets in on time!!
I'll be posting as much as I can, on our big adventure!

2 comments:

Jackie Wood said...

Hope all goes well in the next few days and look forward to chatting with you in Korea!

Big hugs to both girls, we miss you guys!

Have fun this weekend Rowan, and knock `em dead!!

Lynnae said...

Oh I am sending you all the good 'juju' I can!! You are a brave little trooper to make this big move with the girls. As always, I'm honored to know ya!

Good luck Rowan! (although she won't need it - she'll SLAY em!!)

breathe in, breathe out, breathe in, breathe out..... :)