Due to complete morons at Delta Airlines, Cleo had to fly to Korea unaccompianed, as cargo. I was NOT happy about this, as you can imagine! We got her kennel all set up, with a guinea pig bottle for water and a pad for any accidents, and made the reservation as soon as Mark got a phone number in Korea.I wrote in Korean all over the cage, as you can see, just in case!
The girls and I drove Cleo up to Dulles, to a big loud warehouse. I was pretty nervous- she had to be there 4 hours before her flight. I put her on the scale, in her cage, and went into an office to do paperwork. When I went back to say a final goodbye, she was actually laying down, calm! That made me think m-a-y-b-e, just ,maybe, she would do all right. When we got home ,an hour later, I called, and they checked on her and...she was laying down! No barking, no stress. Started to feel better.I obsessively checked the flight status (15 hours in the air!) and Mark was under strict orders to call me as SOON as he had eyes-on her at Incheon. He did, about 4 am, and she was ...you guessed it...laying down in her kennel! Korean workers kept coming by, reading her name off the kennel (in Korean) and talking to her, "Oh! Cleo! Cleo!". Glad I thought of that! :)
Mark got her home, bathed her, and she crashed. She had a few days of jet lag- crashing at 4-5 pm and waking up early wanting out, but has been just fine! I've seen her on Skype, and she seems pretty happy hanging out with Mark. We can't wait to join them!

4 comments:
Hooray! I'm glad she got there okay!
Not "조심 해주십시오"?
조심 하시기를 바랍니다.
야! 조심해!
Oh, I'm so glad the trip went well. Soon it will be your turn. Best wishes for an uneventful, stress-free, trip. And, all the best for an amazing adventure!
Nah, I opted for the "try to be careful" short version. Also, my Korean dictionaries are enroute to Korea in a box somewhre, so I gotta stick with what I can spell. I am a very bad speller in Korean!
They did get a HUGE kick out of me writing "Dog's Name: Cleo" in Korean, though. Mark said every Korean in the place would come out, read it, laugh, talk to Cleo ("Ah! Cleo! Cleo!") and then go tell someone else. SO I'm really glad I put that on there!
What an ordeal! Oh man, poor thing! Glad she's in good hands now :)
Post a Comment