Olga and Val, from the gym, and their mom Natalya joined us, it was so cool. Then it was off to the room to put on the warpaint (lots of sparkly make-up) and head to the college for the competition.
The competition was kind of a blur, I cried all through her ball routine and didn't even really see it, because I knew it was the Very Last.
There was a fire alarm in the middle of age group awards, which was interesting.
Rowan won her age group for her ball routine (I did get to see it, on video!), I forget hoop (5th??), and not so hot on floor.(Normally one of her best!) They only awarded out to 12th place, so their was a whole lot of girls who got no awards at all, and I was worried! She ended up 3rd all around, in her age group. But overall, she didn't place in anything but ball, 6th best in the whole country. Which certainly doesn't suck!It was sort of a downer seeing the podium though- a lot of girls on it for the overall awards were girls she had been beating all year. Given all that is going on in her life right now though, it was no surprise she wouldn't be at her best. And how surprising her best event was *ball*, which has been far and away her very worst all year. You just never know, I guess!
She is hidden behind the 5th place girl in this photo, the over all (every Level 4 who qualified as one of the 10 best in their region) ball awards.
More to come- we're pretty sad right now because it was final goodbye day to Olga, Val, Brianna, Nicole, Becky and Coach Konstantza. I know we'll be back, but good grief, this just sucks.
2 comments:
1st ON BALL?!?!?!! That's so AWESOME!!! You all must be SO proud of the whole event! I would've been crying right there with you.
And yeah, with everything going on right now, I'm sure she did amazing. WAY TO GO, RO!
Congratulations Rowan!! Sounds like it was quite an event.
Hugs to all of you as you say your goodbyes and head off for a new adventure.
Post a Comment