Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Bhutan and Grandma

Grandma is here visiting from Seattle, and we headed downtown to the Folklife Festival today. They have presentations from different cultures, and the one I most wanted to see was Bhutan.

I heard they had yak butter tea somewhere, but we didn't find it. Instead, the rest of the family had hot dogs and I had Bhutan's national dish of cheese, rice and chillies. It was really yummy!
Then we saw some of the exhibits, and since of none of us had the faintest clue about Bhutanese culture, it was all new and exciting! Gryphon talked the ear off of everyone, of course. Above are some beautiful paints in the art tent.
The girls had their names written in the calligraphy of Bhutan- looks sort of like Sanskrit. Or not.

Then we took grandma to the National Gallery for some nice air conditioning. Are these Little Dancer's cute or what??


Stay tuned for some big news...

3 comments:

Jackie Wood said...

Big news? Now that it just a cruel way to end your post!!! Can't wait to hear..........

Lynnae said...

I agree with Jackie!!! You can't do that, you stinky little east-coaster!!

SPILL IT!!!

Helena said...

Whoa, we went to the folklife festival in Seattle. How about that.