Saturday, March 28, 2009

New leotard for Gryphon

Gryphon has always swam, but this past fall she decided to take a break (we hope) from swimming and try rhythmic gymnastics with her little sister. I bought her a used, not so great but serviceable competition leotard off eBay. Unfortunately a few weeks ago it somehow (cough cough Mark! cough cough) got put in the *dryer* and shrunk. It was a polyester blend, and polyester shrinks. Badly. And we had 9 days until a meet!

So a wonderful woman at the gym made her a plain black one, and I painted it with fabric paint and put a gazillion rhinestones on it. I must say, I am super proud of it- it looks so beautiful and its very unique. The cherry blossoms turned out wonderfully- they are also covered in rhinestones. Gryphon loves it!
I set up the tacky photo studio in the basement and took some photos of her in it today. They turned out pretty good considering my "studio" is lamps with the shades off, aluminum foil over cookie sheets for reflectors, $4 worth of nylon for diffuser screens, and some sheets!
I haven't edited the photos of Rowan, but they will follow sometimes soon. For now, enjoy gorgeous Gryphon and her brand new leotard, courtesy of her Bedazzling Momma!




3 comments:

Jackie Wood said...

The leotard looks great and Gryphon is beautiful. Your photo studio sounds way better than what I usually setup and the photos turned out great. Can't wait to see Rowan.

Joy Booth said...

You have missed 2 callings, photography(we knew that one already) and now costume design. It looks great and she looks so grown up. I hate that we won't see her for 3 years!
Joy

Helena said...

It looks great! I want to see the painting close-up.