Mark had the day off today, but it was a regular work and school day for most so since we could avoid the crowds we headed out to Bucheon (near Inchon) to an indoor water park called Tiger World. It was a lot like Great Wold Lodge, but cooler! 
The best part- Doctor Fish!! Yes, those are my feet, being eaten by some kind of fish. It clears away dead skin. I'll admit, the girls were really gung-ho to try it but I was sort of squeamish about it. Its just weird to have something *eating* you, you know? But I got used to the tickling and it was fun,though my feet do not look noticeably different.
They had a water slide/wave pool/lazy river section, and a spa area. The spa area was my favorite- a big pool with jets, and saunas, and steam rooms. And they had 5 different kind of baths, with different herbs (lavender, red wine, rose, others listed only as "herbs") and different water temperatures. I could spent allll day over there going from jets to hot tubs to saunas!!They had an outdoor area and despite it being only 20 degrees, it was very relaxing, too.

The food was for sure better than Great Wolf, Korean of course! They also had hot dogs and churros and stuff, and an aqua bar, and ice cream.
The girls had a total blast, and us grown ups, too. It was not crowded at *all*, and so relaxing and cool! We'll have to go back and make it a nice mid-winter break from the cold.
Unfortunately, my camera is experiencing technical difficulties, I am going to have to get it repaired I guess. So I don't have many pictures and none are great. This is especially bad news (warning- shameless brag alert) since I got a photo published in a real, live, glossy magazine, with my name and everything recently. And now- no camera, or at least not one that works very well. So I'm pretty worried about that, I NEED the camera, and I am not sure how updated the blog will be without any photos.

2 comments:
It's like a 목욕탕 for non-naked people!
I hope you can get your camera fixed soon!
Helena, have you been to a mokyoktang? I have always wanted to go, but never have! I'm too afraid I won't know what to do, I'll make some sort of terrible social gaff. We waygookins don't have group bathing experiences to draw on.
Post a Comment