Monday, July 06, 2009

A trip to the Seashore!



We got the heck out of Seoul, since the weather has been so nice (still no real monsoon weather!)

In a guide book, I read about an island off the city of Incheon, just outside Seoul, called Muui-Do. So we grabbed our map and set off to find it. Wow- I am so glad we did! We took a ferry across a small straight, to the tiny island. The beach we went to, Hanagae, was wide and sandy and shallow, but also had great tide pools. I ate some lunch (see the photos!!) and then we played at the beach until the late afternoon.

Then we drove around the rest of the island, down little country lanes, past tile roofed houses with courtyards and kimchi pots. SO cool!! The small town at the far end of the island had a large breakwater we walked along, and a view of more tiny rugged islands in the distance.

Then we took the ferry back to the mainland, but as it was dinner time, stopped to eat. We found a seaside restaurant in the woods, with colored lights and a huge dinner of clams, oysters, fish stew and noodle soup. I cannot figure out how Korean eat SO MUCH, we always have ton of food left over. Gryphon chowed down on the seafood, and Rowan bravely tried a few clams but stuck to noodles and vegetables mostly. Then it was back into the big city!

1 comment:

Helena said...

Wonderful!