Monday, October 13, 2008

A Virginia Fall Tradition

We drove out to Centerville, VA for our annual trip to Cox Farms on Sunday. The weather was beautiful- not as hot as last year but still in the 80's.

This year we went with buddies, Gracie and Libby. The girls had a blast.

Did all the regular Cox Farms stuff- rope swing, slides, ate too much kettle corn.

This year they added a corn maze, with The Vortex. That was actually not so cool- it gave me the worst motion sickness! Of course the kids went through it a dozen times, but once was more than enough for me!


We'll miss Cox Farms next year, its gotten to be a fall tradition around here!

5 comments:

Helena said...

What a lot of fun stuff! I'm curious about this vortex.

cami said...

It looked sort of cheesy. A metal walkway, around which spins a cylinder painted black with glow-in-the-dark stars. It is dark inside. At first, looking at it, you think, cool, but no big deal. Well, once you step out onto the walkway- yack city! I pushed my friend right off the end in a hurry to get out of there, it was that or puke in her hair. Instant motion sick! Though apparently not for children.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast -- but, I'm with you on the vortex stuff -- I can't even handle elevators!

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Love the photos. I wish we had a place like that here. Where will you be next year?

Erin

Lynnae said...

Oh I miss you......

You are beautiful as ever in the photo with the girls!

((Hugs))