
I have been
making an effort to teach the girls
some bare bones domestic skills lately. They are 6 and 9, and well old enough to help with
some of this stuff! The problem is...they LOVE it! They jump up and race
each other to the laundry room when I announce it is time for "laundry lessons". They wax poetic about learning to do laundry to the pediatrician when asked
about home schooling. (That's actually not so funny- could they not mention the ACADEMIC
things we do??!!!) And they love, love, love to make meals.
Gryphon can make a few basic things- rice, frozen pizza, salads. So they opened up a restaurant (
Restarante de Alaska) and made aprons out of towels. They
rolled the napkins into fancy shapes, and laid out every salad
dressing we own. They had a *blast*.

Now, of course, they want to cook every night, but...I am getting tired of rice and frozen pizza! I guess its time to teach them how to make something else!
3 comments:
Your girls are so cute Cami. I love the restaurant name!
-Miss Y'all
Erin
Super Helpers - LOVE that!! You *must* enjoy it now, do you not remember us as teenagers??
Cole loves to cook as well, but he hasn't gotten the laundry bug just yet. I'll have to spice that up a bit..... maybe decopage my washer in camo.
This is one of my favorite parts of homeschooling. Not only does Rachel get valuable skills, I get breakfast!! She is big into making pancakes!
Rachel wants to "come over" and play restaurant with the girls. Why, why, why can't we have teleport technology!
Post a Comment