I'm trying for a photo-a-day again, for December's Holiday Happenings! Based on how crazy our months are in *general* and then adding the holidays to boot- I may be missing some days!
Here is December 1st:

Its the girls going down the stairs from the berthing deck to the hold on the USS Constellation in Baltimore Harbor. We're up in Maryland for a swim meet, and since driving alllll the way up here in the morning for warm-ups at 7 (!) am is a pain, we just spent the night tonight. Spent today tooling around Baltimore, and since Mark has never been we checked out the Constellation- he's into that stuff. Want to know something interesting? The USS Constellation is the last sail(powered) ship built by the USN, in 1854. It was used in WWII for 2 years as a flag ship for an admiral, because that would free up another (modern!) ship for use in the war effort. Hard to believe an admiral used a sailing gun sloop in 1942! I wonder if he used the Captain's potty- its a hole in a cupboard, surrounded by windows!
A few more of Baltimore Harbor:


2 comments:
Oh, Rachel will be so envious when she finds out that you are in Baltimore. She REALLY wants to go there and find her Cake Guy!!
Have a great time!
I love it!! You guys are so "East Coast" now, sheesh. ;)
I think I've decided to copy both you and Jackie with the photo-a-day project. The month gets so busy, so it might just be photos only!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment