Sunday, November 18, 2007

Skyline Drive

Today we headed out early to the Shenandoah Valley and the beautiful Skyline Drive. The road winds along the Blue Ridge Mountains, with spectacular overlooks off into the hazy distance.


Because of the drought here, the fall colors were late, and the trees were still breathtaking. We saw a bald eagle, too, but I couldn't get a picture that looked like anything besides a black smudge!



Cleo came along, and we did a little hiking- not too much.


For lunch we stopped at the Skyland Lodge, built in the 20's and right into the side of the mountains. Cleo had to stay in the car, but she got the doggy bag!




The girls had a great time looking out the window, and I think maybe a few of the pictures I took will end up on a Christmas card. Come visit us and we'll take you out there, too!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you got to see the leaves after all. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Erin Campbell-Pope said...

Cami your photography is incredible! You are so talented!

Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!
Erin