...New York, New York! Jackie, Rachel, the girls and I all spent a weekend in NYC doing the touristy things. Gryphon and Rowan got to see their number one most wanted New York place: the statue of Balto the sled dog in Central Park. We took some canvas and acrylic paints and spent an hour or so painting pictures of the statue and soaking up Central Park's atmosphere.
The next day we went to the Museum of Natural History...which is not at all like the "Night at the Museum" movie, by the way. We never did find Sacajawea! It's an incredible museum though, and the girls enjoyed it.
Sunday we took the ferry to Liberty Island to see the statue, and the girls enjoyed the boat ride. Then we went by New York taxi to Times Square and rode the ferris wheel in the Toys r Us there. That evening we got some yummy Indian food for adults, and the kids had candy and brownies for dinner (really!) while we played at the water fountain in Central Park.
New York is one of those "must see" cities, but I must say-its dirty crowded and NOISY. I don't see me ever wanting to live there! Still, it was a great weekend and fun to visit!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. I think you are the coolest MOM anyway and then you go and out-do yourself! How is this possible!! Painting in Central Park??
Bravo, my friend, Bravo!!
(plus, I'm a little bit jealous, you and Jackie getting to catch up and all :)
The girls are ADORABLE, btw.
Post a Comment